Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Chapter 3 - A Brand New Day

 ***present***

After the Superbowl Blowout, Magnus is only able to obtain a minuscule and ugly trailer. It's certainly not what he had imagined in college; however, desperate call for desperate, desperate measures.

Unable to stand the bright orange exterior of his house, Magnus visits a nearby camp. As he arrives, he eagerly wonders if he'll make any friends. The people living here could be rugged fighters, ingenious scientists, or even...
 Giggly gold-diggers! Magnus, I left you alone for five minutes! Abort! ABORT!!
Magnus is deaf to my harried cries. His mind is completely occupied by the becoming lady in front of him.

Luckily, another suitor swoop, distracting the woman, while Magnus, whose finally come to his senses, flees. He already has a lovely, bubble-gum girl waiting for him -- he just has to find her.

Spurred on by the friendly attitudes of the camp's inhabitants, Magnus prepares a lavish stack of waffles and pancakes using old, only slightly radiated Bisquick. At first, the crowd gathered in the mess hall is hesitant of the neon green breakfast, but they soon dig in. After all, it's taste that matters, not appearance.

They in fact enjoy his meal so much, that they nominate him as a full-time chef. It's a hard job; post-apocalyptic chefs must scavenge for their ingredients, decide whether or not the ingredients are poisonous, then prepare them.

***

I continued playing until Magnus was an elder. He married bubble-gum, had two children, and adopted a dog. I wound up deleting the neighborhood because I struggled to maintain the apocalypse challenge rules. I may start another game with Magnus and the lot, because they're still some of my favorite sims. I might even try my hand at the apocalypse challenge again now that I'm older and wiser!

No comments:

Post a Comment