Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Chapter 2 - Three Cheers for Bubble Gum


 "Whelp, I'm done!" April announced, suddenly standing up and ruthlessly throwing her book onto the floor.

"Already? You've only been studying for 10 minutes, April." Magnus reminded her, turning his doleful eyes towards her. When he didn't have a study partner he'd get lonely and wander off, but if she stayed, he'd be fine studying right through the night!

 "Sorry, I've got better things to do, Bucko!"
After double-checking that he didn't smell too bad and smoothing his mohawk, Magnus sidled up to Yusun to whisper in her ear. "I'm going to clean up these books. RIGHT. NOW."
 He smelt even worse when he was up close, Yusun thought. She auspiciously waved her hand in front of  her nose whilst secretly fanning her cheeks.

"Hey, Venkat?" On hearing his name, Venkat turned around, only to be enveloped in a hug. "You're my best-friend."

He was finally able to move on from the memories of what never came to be.

"We're friends too, right?" Magnus asks before stuffing a bite of pancake into his mouth.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Best friends?"

"Sure."
"No, no, no! Magnus, what are you doing?" Yusun shouted, throwing her hands up and recoiling away from Magnus. He froze with wide eyes, then clasped his hand around the air-kiss and stuffed it back in his mouth.

"Sorry about that, Yusun."
 
"That was even weirder! Why did you eat it?"
The development of Magnus and Yusun's relationship wasn't fully captured due to the negligence of a certain photographer. However, the inept paparazzi did manage to catch a photo of them passionately kissing after declaring their mutual love. (That NOT a wedding dress; somehow Yusun got her hands on my good-witch outerwear. I suppose that's more negligence on my part...)
Several months later, after further un-captured relationship development, Magnus and Yusun eagerly dance.
 
"We've finally graduated!" Magnus shouts, interrupting his dance for a celebratory fist-pump. Then, a look of surprise skirts across his face as he fishes in his pockets.
"Yusun, let's do everything together from now on. Live together, grow together, and thrive together!"

"I can't believe it -- you were persuasive! For once!"
 
"I can be very persuasive when there's something worth persuaving for."
 
"There it goes..."
As the happy couple embraces, three toilets in the dorm alone flush. The lights flicker, then go out entirely.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like he's blowing her a kiss. I'd say they're better than just best friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing, makes me curious to know what happened 'last time'. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnus used to be friends with my sim, who was a total dork. I hadn't meant to reference my previous game so much, but Magnus kept pouting and acting sad! :(

      - Merlith

      Delete